Thursday, July 21, 2011

Through the Tears

Tears come easily enough when I think of Maggie, but this latest happening was nearly overwhelming. When Maggie was in Argentina, she was blessed to be a part of the fellowship of a wonderful church. Memorial donations given in Maggie's memory were sent to the church in Comodoro Rivadavia. All funds would be used to help with church upkeep and add a library in Maggie's name. This was in 2007. Fast forward to last month when the pastor's wife, Ruth, messaged me in Facebook. One by one, I was seeing pictures of the church - before and after! Sprinkled in were pictures of Maggie when she was in Comodoro. For those of you who loved Maggie and/or donated in her memory - look what God did! Kevin and I want to thank you again for your generosity shown in your love, prayers, and donations. We hope you will continue to pray for the church in Comodoro. The pastor, Alcides, and his family, faithfully minister to the people there. They were Maggie's family when she couldn't be with us. I am sure Alcides and Ruth have repeated this many times over for others who have needed a "family". God has a way of doing that, you know - showing us how wide, how high, and how deep His love really is through people who love Him.  Enjoy the pics and remember Maggie. She's smiling that smile of hers, I'm sure of it. The Lord can't come back soon enough because I miss that smile and am looking forward to seeing it again. In the meantime, I plan on living in God's love here and now, making the most of the days. I hope you will too.







1 comment:

Mildred R Holmes said...

It's good to see the results of faith and know that there is a reason for everything. Her faith continues even though she is already in the next world.