Saturday, May 16, 2009

Really in the Clouds w/ #45

This thing has me feeling, initially, intimidated. While I sit with suitcases full of family photos since my mom's passing, the dilemma of how to protect this "stuff" has been going on long before my time! I suppose the monthly fees are in the same category as a safe deposit box. Me? I have my iGoogle page with tabs for what I want and need. I recall trying to use Google Doc with a few folks on a joint project. No response. I guess I'm not the only one intimidated. I have put lots of pics on FB - more so than flickr since I spend more time on FB. Parts of "me" are in lots of clouds out there! So I suppose that the next step would be to consolidate everything. Just not sure I'm ready for that yet. I keep asking: how much is enough?
Concerns are lack of knowledge, security, and sheer time to do everything.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Yes, don't feel like the Lone Ranger...I've had the same experience as you have. And also the concerns about privacy. But we all do have a lot of stuff out there just from the 23 Things programs, don't we? I think we all just need to keep trying to muddle along as best we can with the little bit of time we have. My worry is more about technology changing and making the form I've chosen to save things in obsolete. If you've taken the time once to organize your stuff, who wants to do it all over again in some other format?